Wednesday 19 March 2014

Not Just Monster Mayhem!!

Making a scene is always fun. You make one creature you think it looks cool then you wonder what it would look like breaking though a brick wall attacking folk. After you done that you begin to let the mind wonder and think what a cat like monster would look like sitting on the top of a watch tower. How about I have part of the wall falling down because something is crawling underneath it? Hmmm, I now have a wall, how about a hut. And a well. Ooo another hut would beef it up. And so on, and so on. Over two weeks in my spare time I have created a small set dominated by dragons, mole monsters, vines and huge mouths.




One of the reasons that I started the whole blog and model making back in 2012 was for a lot of reasons, but one of the main ones was because of another blog a friend showed me some time ago and has always stuck with me. It was a theme of models someone had made based on little creatures. They were so colourful and wonderful to look at, that I instantly fell for their charm. The sad thing is that I lost the link for the blog some while back and have not seen them again. I think that this is not such a bad thing. I think that if I still had that connection, I would be copying them and not doing my own thing.




That is why I created the village scene. Not for anyone but myself. I like the idea that people may find it interesting and I would love people to look at the models and love them as much as I loved the little creatures I saw way back. But I make this stuff for myself and knowing that maybe someone else out there may get some inspiration from it is an extra boost.




I have no plan to stop the model making; in fact I hope to do a lot more with it. I have plans in the works and since starting the blog back in 2012 I have not stopped making funny little creations. OK, so the 366 clay did not go to plan, but I got a lot out of it and it was a great help on my way to creating bigger and better things. I also love the fact that in reminded me how much I love being creative and made me so happy to be reliving something I enjoyed so much as a child.







Watch this space for new models, new blogs and new concepts. And if anyone is reading this and wants me to create something for them, I would love too!! It helps me to get better at what I love and create new friends in the long run.




Here is to the future of 366 Clay!!







No comments:

Post a Comment